Monday, July 6, 2015

The blind leading the blind.....an old post that I missed

The last two weeks have been kind of insane. I say 'two weeks' because Sister Layton had the flu on p-day last week, so most of you haven't  heard from me for two weeks. I'll start from the beginning... maybe, there's so much, I don't even know how to do this lol. 

First thing's first. I gave my first Law of Chastity lesson. To a member. For a dinner message. Why? Because Elder McLaren and Elder Gill dared me to. They didn't think I, the greenie, could do it! Well... I proved them wrong. Because I totally did it and I didn't even laugh. Not once. Point for Sister Pipkin. 

And then we had our first real lesson with our investigator, Dave, and his wife, Michelle. And we put him on date for baptism. Yes, this is the drunk one. And it's so awesome and we're so extremely excited for him. And then later on in the week, Michelle asked us of her own free will if SHE could get baptized too! Of course we said yes, duh! They've been to church the last two weeks and the ward has welcomed them with loving, open arms, and it's been awesome. We haven't hardly done anything, but the Lord is working with them to help them change their lives for the better. I couldn't be more excited for them. 

And then on Wednesday, I got "the call." What is this call, you might ask? Well.. it's the training call. The call that the AP's make to tell us who is training this next transfer. 
Guess who's training.
Me. 
Yup. 
So I went from being the trainee, to training. 
Whaaaaat????
And because of that, every day since then has been a whirlwind of chaos. Sister Layton got sick, we missed P-day, she's been trying to pack and say goodbye to people because she's being transferred, and it's been so chaotic. 

Skip forward a week to this last Wednesday. We drove up to Calgary to pick up my baby (my trainee) and bring her back to the good land of Lethbridge. Now, I knew training was going to be hard, but I think I underestimated it quite a bit. Lots of things have changed and it's just been tough. It's hard adjusting to a new companion, not to mention training that new companion. But, Sister McDonald, my baby, is a great missionary, and she came here to work. She's going to do awesome. 

This being said, I've really been struggling. The last couple of days has been a lot of praying on my knees for Heavenly Father to comfort and guide me, to help me know how to teach this new missionary what I know and to be able to be taught by her. So, yeah, I've been doing lots of praying and crying and just straight up struggling. I've been struggling with a lot of anxiety, and I would just ask that you pray for me. And maybe email me and tell me that I'm pretty and that you love me. That'd be sweet too (;

I want you all to know that I LOVE this gospel. That's why I'm out here serving, struggling, and sharing with others. Because this isn't easy, but  I know the Lord will bless me for it. I know my Savior lives. I have felt His comfort over the course of the last couple of days and I know He knows what I"m feeling and going through. I love you all so much and I'm grateful for your love and support. 

-Sister Pipkin 






No comments:

Post a Comment