Monday, April 6, 2015

Vocal Point and Wardrobe Malfunctions






That's right.

Vocal Point. 

They came for our Sunday Devotional, and I'm not ashamed to say that I totally fangirled and cried during their first song because holy cow, Vocal Point. They were seriously amazing. I've seen them before in concert, but this time was even better because they each shared stories from their missions, and that was super special. They started off with that one song from The Goofy Movie, and then they did a hymn arrangement and then a Christmas medley which was awesome. Then they sang a parody of a song that they rewrote to be about the Savior and it was so stinkin awesome. They sang a few more hymnal arrangements and closed with Nearer My God To Thee, which was seriously the best thing ever. For those of you who don't know, my friend Cory Zwahlen sang this arrangement at his mission farewell with some of our friends, and I'm seriously in love with that song. Ah. So awesome. And it was definitely something I needed. As far as music goes, we get the hymns we sing before class and the random line of some Taylor Swift song I can't get out of my head while I'm in the shower. So I'm super grateful that we were blessed with Vocal Point and their amazing talents. 

And of course we can't end our time here at the MTC without a wardrobe malfunction, because it wouldn't be my life if I did!(; So we're sitting there in class today, going through a role play with a "less active member" and I reach down to fold my dress under me as I sit down, and my hand gets caught in this GIANT HOLE IN THE BACK OF MY DRESS. LIKE WHERE DID IT EVEN COME FROM??? IDK. So I sit there and finish the lesson, and then as we go to walk out of the room, I tactfully grab the back of my dress where the gaping chasm is and hold it so my covenants don't show. As we go to walk back into our classroom, I grab my companions and say, "Sisters, we need to go to the bathroom, NOW." So we went. And they laughed. And thankfully, because my skirt had such volume to it, the hole wasn't that noticeable. Which blew my mind because it was huge. We head back to class, and I can't think about anything else while sitting there, so I blurt out to my teacher, "I have a giant hole in my skirt." And my teacher (who is a guy) looks at me and goes, "uh...." He turns to the sister who was helping him teach and goes, "So... I'm gonna let you take over." And she starts laughing and everyone laughs because I'm the worlds biggest dork. So they let us run to the bookstore and buy a sewing kit and I fixed my skirt and all is well. But if this isn't a perfect depiction of my life, I don't know what is. 


This week has seriously flown by. I cannot believe that I leave for Canada tomorrow, at 4:30am, bright and early. It's crazy how much has changed in two weeks. I hated the MTC with every fiber of my being, but today, I'm sad to leave. My district has grown so close, and I love them all so much. My companions and I are like sisters and I'm sad that we will be splitting from here, but I hope to be paired with them again in the field! We've learned so much from each other, and I'm so grateful that the Lord knows me so well to have stuck me with these people for the last two weeks. My testimony has grown so much, and I know it will grow so much more. 

 

To all of you who wrote me DearElder letters, sent me packages, and wrote me letters, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I can't even describe to you how amazing of a feeling it is to receive mail here at the MTC. It seriously is the best and I can never repay you, but thank you so. so. much. And I just lost my train of thought because Elder Vai called me over to look at a photo of his girlfriend, so I did have something else thoughtful to say, but it's gone now. What a punk. 




Anyways, I love you ALL THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Love, Sister Pipkin 

No comments:

Post a Comment