Monday, September 7, 2015

Chicken coops and the temple

So this week has been way crazy, but it's also been really great. 
We'll start off with
Monday: Was obviously p-day. But after all the grocery shopping and emailing and watching the elders play basketball because that's all we ever do, we had a lesson with a little girl in our ward who is preparing to be baptized. Her parents are divorced and it's been a battle to get permission from the father for her to be baptized. He finally consented. And she could not be happier, she invites everyone she sees to her baptism and it's seriously adorable. So we had a lesson with her and her mom and sister on baptism and she knew all the answers to the questions and it was just precious. I will most likely be transferred before she is baptized, which absolutely breaks my heart, but that's ok. There's always email. 
On Tuesday, we helped a member do some canning and it was yummy and delicious and no, I couldn't do it on my own so don't ask, but it was definitely a learning experience. I've done so many things on my mission that I never thought I would have, like building a chicken coop. But we'll get to that. After canning, we stopped by some less-active members and then we had a service project with the zone. We helped set up about a million tables for a clothing drive. They let us take whatever we liked, and I got some sweet finds. Thank goodness for free clothes!(;
Wednesday was zone conference. I absolutely love zone conference! It's such a neat experience. President and his wife come and meet with a couple zones at a time and we get to have some training on how to be better missionaries. Learning from other missionaries is really neat because we're all in this together! President and Sister Miles always have really neat things to share with us as well. Our zone did a musical number and asked me to accompany, so that was fun. After zone conference, the member who was feeding us supper wasn't feeling well, so she packed the food she'd prepared for us and Sister McDonald and I took it to a nearby park and had a cute little picnic. Aww, we're so cute (;
And then on Wednesday, we built a chicken coop. A biiiig chicken coop. Actually, we didn't really build it, we just helped put up the chicken wire and it was such a huge task. The elders were there too, and we worked basically all day on it and didn't even get half way finished. Idk, putting up chicken wire doesn't sound like such a huge thing, but it was. It was quite the job. We had ward council after that, and let me tell you what a blessing it is to have an awesome ward council. Ours rocks and it's great because the more missionary minded the ward is, the easier the work is. So if you're reading this email and you have the opportunity to be involved with ward council, use that to bless the lives of your ward's missionaries. They need you (:
Friday, we did a huge service project. A lady called and asked if we could help her friend pack her apartment because the movers were coming that weekend and she was not ready. Emphasis on the not ready part. I've never seen so much stuff in one tiny apartment. We had to make multiple trips to get more boxes. Hence the photo of me climbing a dumpster. Poor lady. After that we did another service project, helping a family in our ward pack their house. That was devastating. This family, the Harper's, have eight children, with one on the way, and they've become like my family away from home. And they're moving. And it's sad. And when we had to say our goodbyes yesterday, their kids cried and I almost cried and I'm just so sad that I have to be emotionally attached to people. Geez. 
Saturday we went to the temple! What a blessing it is to have a temple in my mission and members willing to take us. The temple is seriously the greatest thing ever. I encourage all of you to go as often as you can! Later that evening, we had a lesson with our investigator, Liz, on the Plan of Salvation. It was so awesome! She absorbs everything we teach her like a sponge(: 





On Sunday, a lot of our less active members came to church that don't normally come, so we were excited about that. Liz came as well, and said she wants to bring her boyfriend next week! Yay! We said goodbye to the Harper's and that was sad. And then we had supper and did some other stop byes and that was that!
I love you all so much, sorry this has such an abrupt ending, I'm out of time! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment