Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Blazin Weather and Chicken wings

It is so. Stinkin'. Hot here. I never thought I'd say that about Canada, but here I am. Saying that it's stinkin' hot here. Like, 33 Celsius. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit and I'm too lazy to look, but I know that it's hot and I've got a pretty good tan line. 
Because it's summer and I'm serving in a first world country, things have been pretty slow. Everyone is out of town for vacation or they don't want to commit/follow up on appointments. So we have been doing a lot of service and working with the members to try and get referrals or think of new ways to work with people they know. 
And something cool came from it! There's a less active lady in our ward who we hadn't seen in a while and we decided to stop by her the other day. She's married to a non-member, and when we got there, she told us she'd been thinking of having us over to give her husband the discussions. Awesome! We have an appointment with them on Tuesday, so we'll pray that it goes well! 

And then we had a meeting in Calgary this last week. It was great, focusing on fearing God more than man, which is something I needed to hear. I've been having a lot of fears lately that I need to put in the Lord's hands to help me overcome. I know that meeting was totally inspired. 
After the meeting, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. And guess what I did. 
That's right. 
The Blazin' Challenge. 
For those of you who aren't familiar with Buffalo Wild Wings, the Blazin' Challenge is where you have five minutes to eat ten chicken wings, covered in their blazin' sauce, the hottest sauce they have. And you can't drink anything or wipe your mouth/fingers/hands until you're finished. My strategy was to tear all the chicken off the bones and then shovel it in, because I knew if I did it wing by wing, I'd never finish. And I really wanted the t-shirt they give you if you make it! So I did that. And about half way through, my hands started going numb, and my throat was closing up, and my eyes were watering and I thought I was going to throw up. But, gosh dang-it, I wanted that t-shirt! And I got it, because I was doing the challenge with three other elders and I would NOT be the one to not finish! I even beat one of the elders, so that was awesome. 
But be warned. 
This is not a challenge for the weak hearted. 
Because later, I got some sauce in my eye, and that hurt a tonnnnn. 
But the t-shirt was worth it. And I'm never going to do it again. (:



I want to encourage you all to be more missionary minded this week with the missionaries serving in your ward. They're doing the best they can, but they need all the help of the ward members they can get. And they miss their moms. So be nice. And tell them you love them and that they're pretty, especially if they're sisters(; 
You guys are all great for being supportive and I'm so thankful for all you do. For those of you near my family, thank you SO MUCH for taking care of them. They are really special to me. Keep doing the things you know to be true, and the Lord will bless you. 

Love,
Sister Pipkin 

No comments:

Post a Comment