Monday, March 21, 2016

Nutella Mustaches

We like to play this game called What Are the Odds. We pick random things we want our companion to do and we say, "What are the odds you'll do this?" They say something like, "1 in 5 or 1in 10" depending on how willing they are to do it. We count, "3, 2, 1" and then say the number we picked. If we say the same number, then we have to do it. 
Well.
We were playing this during a particularly slow Waffle Wednesday with one of the guys on the LDSSA committee (Latter-day Saint Single Adults). 
He lost. 
And therefore, he had to have a Nutella mustache, because that was the dare. 
I honestly wish I could figure out Google docs because there's a hilarious video that goes along with it, but that's ok. The photo will suffice. 


This happens to be the title of my email this week because it also happens to be about the most exciting thing that's happened. 
The struggle of the lull in missionary work after just having had baptisms is so real. We're really trying to find other people to teach and baptize haha, but it's a slow process. 
I also forgot my planner again so I can't remember what we did. I know, I'm horrible. This happens at the end of every transfer. I finish using my planner and then leave it at home because I forget that it's my brain and I need it for emails to remind me what we did this past week. 
Oh well. 

We dropped two of our investigators. It was kind of rough. The intent wasn't there, they just wanted us to prove to them that the Book of Mormon was true and us telling them to read and pray about it wasn't enough for them. They weren't willing to act upon faith, so it wasn't worth our time. They also weren't looking for anything but facts, so that was frustrating. But after dropping them, I've read so much in my studies about faith and real intent and all the things that we need to do and they just weren't quite ready for that yet. Someday! 

We took some pretty neat photos next to this valley-type-thing that overlooks Calgary that's soooo pretty. Canada is really pretty, guys. I love it.

We got to go to the YSA March Madness tournament this weekend and it was neat to be able to cheer on the teams from our ward and be a part of that camaraderie. It was neat to see how many members from the ward came out to support their friends, even if basketball isn't really their thing. Yay for YSA(:
  
Dang, this is rough, I'm really trying to wrack my brain of what we did, but basically, that's it.We cleaned out our car and found some random Happy Birthday glasses that Sister Dean left behind when she got transferred. So, yeah, enjoy the random photos of us. I hope everyone's week goes well(: Love you all! 
I just want to quick bare my testimony that I'm thankful for this gospel. So often we say that the church is true, and it is, but what we really mean to say is that the gospel is true. It's Christ's gospel. He set it up perfectly when He was here on the earth, and He restored it perfectly again through Joseph Smith. I'm grateful for it and the blessings it brings in my life. 

Love you!

<3 Sister Pipkin 

1 & 2) Our zone "band photo" before transfers
3) Sister Sears wearing the infamous Happy Birthday glasses. hahaha. Blackmail. 
4) Canada's really pretty 
5) Jacob's Nutella mustache
6) the epitome of YSA 










No comments:

Post a Comment